Friday, November 21, 2008

Blogging

There are a lot of possible purposes for blogs. Some of the best blogs are one's that address or pursuade people regarding some topic or issue. Some are informational. Some are written strictly for business or professional use. Some are just for fun. Some are like on-line journals or travel logs.

In the last few months I have not been very good at blogging. Part of my frustration lies in this question: what is the purpose of blogging....what is my reason for blogging?

There have been a few people who have used what I say on my blog in an attempt to discredit me. It seems mean spirited to me and has caused me to re-think what I blog about and since I am not sure what my reason is for blogging, I have chosen the path of least resistance and just refrained from blogging.

I would like to know who is reading my blog, perhaps this would give me some direction. I'm also kinda baffled by this new thing that let's you "become a follower" of someone's blog. It seems kind of presumpuous to think that I would have "followers."

The apostle Paul would have blogged to the church at Corinth. He talks a lot about being the least among the apostles and clearly humbly acknowledges his words have "become like the rubbish of the world, the dregs of all things." (1 Corinthians 4:13)

Because at the end of the day, I am merely a follower of Jesus....humble, faltering, at times faithless, at times faithful, but always striving to better follow. I want to keep my eyes on Jesus. I want to hear His voice, respond to His desires, and never let up. Could it be that I simply want to offer my life experience and my reflections for those who might want to also follow Jesus? Could I be so bold to invite others as Paul does to "follow me as I follow Christ Jesus?" (1 Corinthians 4)

So, I hope you will comment....especially if you are a regular reader of my blog.

3 comments:

Mindi said...

Hello, Roberta! Just wanted you to know I am a reader and follower! Keep up the good work!

Joyce Peterson said...

I read your blog to see what you are up to. I also like to read your thoughts on different subjects. I also check out your list of books.

Unknown said...

I read to see what is happening with you my dear friend. I would echo the thought that it is a shame that someone could take your thoughts on a blog and use them against you, but it can happen, and probably has happened to you. So sorry. My wife, Amy, told me to look over my blog as I was interviewing for positions. Her reasoning was that we didn't want to give them any reason for a red flag to go up in their minds. I hate it, but I did go back and take a few things off. I have to be careful with my facebook account too. I do wish people would loosen up a bit... life is too short not to have a good laugh on occasion.
Hope things have stabilized since reading about people leaving Parkview. Those are always difficult times. I hate it when people leave. May God pour his abundant blessings on you today. Maintenance hug to you.
Lonnie