Monday, March 30, 2009

Trip to New Mexico

On Wednesday, April 1 (yes, April Fools Day) I will be going to ABQ, New Mexico to be with my mom after she has surgery. She is having her rotator cuff replaced and will not be able to drive and will need some tending as she recovers. I'm looking forward to this time with her and with the rest of my family. My brother Bill just bought a Harley-Davidson, so maybe he will take me for a ride. His son, my nefew Tristan will be celebrating his 7th birthday while I am there. On Friday, April 10 (opening day for the Royals-against the Yankees-what is that about) is also Good Friday and not having my whole life centered around the suffering and death (and the church's re-enacting and embodying)of Jesus seems odd. I think that my sister Becky is getting us tickets to see the Alb. Isotopes. Then on Saturday I will take a plane to OKC and meet Will. We will celebrate Easter with his family in OKC. I've very excited about all of this. It will be good to get away and enjoy family.

No comments: