Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The trouble with flowers

Today my mother in law Joyce and I planted lots of wonderful flowers.

The only trouble is that we left the water running on them for at least 2 hours longer than necessary. Now they are floating down the ditch in front of the house.

The soil here in Oklahoma is very interesting....I think it is part sandy clay and part, well something unidentifyable! It has been very wet and when we were putting the soil back in the holes after planting, it globbed together so much that it was like cookie dough.

The other trouble we had with flowers had to do with changing my profile picture here on blogger. I changed the template of my blog and now I needed a picture for my profile that matched. So, we wanted something like flowers. Now adding this was an ordeal. This blogger for dummies book says that blogger makes it "outrageously complicated...cumbersome and user hostile insufficiency." But it did not get the best of us. As you see, we found flowers and a nice textile background that matches just fine.

No comments: