Friday, February 22, 2008

Ice Pellets

I am not complaining, simply stating the way things are....icy, wet and everything is cancelled! While consulting a couple different weather sites on-line this morning, I discovered a couple terms that were unfamiliar: ice chunks and ice pellets. So happens that I was talking to my mom on the phone during this and she said "do they not know the term sleet?" Little did we know that when I walked on that dangerous patch of earth (100 yards or less) between my house and the church, I saw this "pellet and chunk" stuff coming down from the sky. Huge pieces of stuff coming down.

WOW!

So, I raise my cup of coffee and say a hearty cheers to those weather experts out there while I bundle up with my fuzzy socks and attempt to put together a sermon on the quentessential disciple Peter and his confession to Jesus "you are the Christ, the Son of the Living God!"

Also, there will be no pictures of this weather phenomenon because my camera would not adequately capture it.

2 comments:

Singertenor (Robert Nowlin) said...

So, my friend Emily from Toronto says that there are several different words for snow--Christmas snow is the big flakes that covers the ground really fast. Strange new vocabulary is always a state (or a province) away.

Anonymous said...

so, about your ipod troubles...

on the website there are five "R's" or something helpful and memorable like that. those have always worked for my ipod troubles.

this is jamie thompson, by the way.