Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Some Serious Summer Reading

At the beginning of the summer, I set a goal of reading 10 books. (A self-impossed summer reading program) Here are the books I read and for those of you are purists, please forgive me for include audiobooks as reading (and most of these can be found on my library thing): Renovation of the Heart, by Dallas Willard; Assimilating New Members by Lyle E. Schaller; Talking the Walk by Marva Dawn; The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini; Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster; The Choice by Nicholas Sparks; The Substance of Faith: And Other Cotton Patch Sermons by Clarance Jordan; The Shack by William Young; Lady Killer by Lisa Scotilline and the Good Guy by Dean Koontz. Now, I am working on Christ Plays in Ten Thousand Places by Eugene Peterson. Three Cups of Tea is also on the "to read soon" list. Many of these have been over the top good. (Not sure I even want to pick favorites, but, if forced to do so: Renovation of the Heart and Kite Runner and The Shack)

If I didn't have so many new ones on my "to be read soon" shelf, I would take a season and read back through some books that really changed my thinking, 'cause that might be a tangible way of reminding myself who I am. It might sound kinda strange but maybe returning to those familiar pages might remind me how I got to this particular place in my life and give me some resources for pressing on.

No comments: