Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Our Work Offered Unto God

Yesterday and today were very busy and stressful days at work. I had to leave at
6:45 a.m. on Tuesday after arriving back at home on Monday night around 10 p.m. WOW!! I was so tired last evening that I sat in the chair and rested/napped from 4 to 5. Last night I had to prepare stuff for today's presentations. I presented "Internet Safety" to 7th graders and had never done this particular presentation before, so I had to work some last night. My presentations went well today and I really do hope that these teens will make good decisions regarding what they do on-line. To say the least, it has been a very stressful "re-entry" into the day to day here.

I'm very grateful for this new assurance in my heart that wherever I go God goes with me. Today, I was, as they say "burning grace!" I was pulling fuel like a 737 (which of course I just in 2 of those on Monday) It is amazing to me and so refreshing that especially when I am pushed to the max, I can rely on a source of power that never runs out.

Public schools may be built with public funding, but when I enter those doors the Kingdom of God enters with me! I love this!!! I pray as I enter every school. I ask God: "God, what is it that you and I will do together here today? Show me, I am ready to see."

Here is a little William Law for your edification: "As a good Christian should consider every place as holy because God is there, so he should look upon every part of his life as a matter of holiness because it is to be offered to God. The profession of a clergyman is a holy profession because it is a ministration in holy things, an attendance at the altar. But worldly business is to be made holy unto the lord by being done as a service to Him and in conformity to His divine will."
(chapter 4, in "A Serious Call to a Devout and Holy Life.")

1 comment:

Singertenor (Robert Nowlin) said...

You quote of William Law reminds me how far I really am from accepting the truth that God faithfully completes all things that He began--in all places and in all time. Even in the UPS hub I find God's presence. I am slowly realizing that God can use me--the ball is in my court--in a brown UPS uniform--if only I will receive the ball and acknowledge that it is in play!