Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Making History!

What a great speech! A few things that I have been thinking about: 1. regardless of whether you voted for Obama, he is now our president. 2. We should pray for him and all governing officials. 3. The time is ripe for change and change is what we got.

Quotes of interest to me: "The world has changed and we must change with it."

"patchwork heritage is our strength"

"entering a new era of responsibility, cease it gladly, not grudgingly"

"less than 60 years ago my father would not have been welcomed in resturants not far from here, and now I am standing here..."

Would love to dialogue with any and all.....

1 comment:

Joyce Peterson said...

I also remember the patchwork comment. Mother and Daddy and I were discussing Clara Luper and her resturant sit in in Oklahoma City and Daddy remembers the two drinking fountains - one for whites and the other one for "colored". I Tim. 2:1-2 tells us to pray for those in authority. May God bless America.