Monday, April 30, 2007

Leading Us Home

We are packing up and preparing for our journey. More than ever, I am identifying with folks that we read about in scripture who literally dropped everything and followed. Not only that, but the people of God in the Old Testament were so often being re-located from one place to another. The scriptures are packed with the journey language.

Here is a little bit of it from Psalm 25 (Message): "Lead me down the path of truth. You are my Savior, aren't you?...God is fair and just; He corrects the misdirected, Send them in the right direction. He gives the rejects a hand, and leads them step by step...If I keep my eyes on God, I won't trip over my own feet."

For some reason, God is not letting us see the journey's end....nor the middle even! Yet, however frustrating that reality may be, God holds our hand and leads us one step at a time. This is the truth that I am leaning into.

No comments: