Friday, April 27, 2007

We are going where we're going


We sent a lot of invitations to our farewell party. Most folks only responded "where are you going?" They didn't even say whether or not they would attend our party.

Though we have a few promising prospects regarding jobs, it is not at all in concrete. We know that we will be leaving Kansas City in the middle of May and for a while we will be traveling.

Our first adventure will be aboard MEGA Bus. We will visit our brother-sister-in-law and kids in Kentucky. The bus trip will take us through Missouri, into Illinois, stop briefly in Chicago then all the way through Indiana and land us in Louisville, KY.

We are going to be living by faith in a real way. We really are going where we are going and we'll get there when we get there. We are on a journey....a sojourn....on an adventure. We have only the hope of a future home calling and we know that we are always at home in God's love. Here is one of my favorite prayers by Henri Nouwen that says it best: "Dear God, I do not know where you are leading me. I do not even know what my next day, my next week or my next year will look like. As I try to keep my hands open, I trust that you will put your hands in mine and bring me home. Thank you God for your love. Thank you. Amen."

I will be writing my travel-blog here, so watch out!

2 comments:

Beckie said...

Only you and Will could do this!! I will be looking forward to hearing (seeing) about this journey!! We know the Lord will be with you both all the way! And I will be in KC praying for you both. Traveling Mercies to you....
Your sister in Christ,
Beckie

Kelly Yates, PhD said...

Roberta!!!
Email me at quiltquatastrophes@gmail.com

I saw your comment on my blog.
Been a long time...

Kelly