Wednesday, July 11, 2007

General Conference of the FMCNA

Will and I are in Spring Arbor, Michigan for the "quadranium" (meaning every four years, I think) gathering of Free Methodists from all over the country and some international locations as well.

It is such a joy to meet many strangers-turned-friends in these days. We re-connected with folks that we haven't seen since we were in college. We also discovered that Will's second cousin is married to a woman who grew up in the Parkview FMC, the place where we will be moving very soon.

As we have told the story of our lives over the last years, it is clear now more than ever how God has been with us. Being reconnected with these old roots serves as a reminder that we are not traveling this journey alone. We have such a great cloud of witnesses that surround us. They sometimes pose as strangers....other times as only aquantances, and other times close friends.

Hopefully, if my technology is cooportative, I will post a picture or two here soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

speaking of connecting or re-connecting... Thanks for dropping by my blog. :~)

If you see anyone there that remotely remembers me give them a "howdy" for me! Especially Bishop Haskins and Ellen. If you find a "Pilot" pen give it to them (if possible) tell them it's from Lonnie and Amy. They'll know exactly what it means.

I'll read through more of your blog as time allows. You are highly valued to God... and I think you're pretty special too. :~)