Saturday, June 09, 2007

The Land of Enchantment

Will, Basil and I drove to New Mexico on Wednesday. We left OK City in the morning knowing that out of all the drives in the country, this may be the most dreadful. I am typically "enchanted" by most scenery and enjoy road trips because of this. But the drive from OK City to Albuquerque, NM is less than enchanting. Also, that day was particularly dreadful because of the 50 mile per hour winds. Our Toyota Corolla was not staying on the road and Will has been suffering with some of the "ear, nose, chest" crud.
I even remember this drive from my childhood.

My family used to travel to Oklahoma a lot when I was growing up. One of the things that usually occupies my mind when driving this stretch nowadays is all those early road trips. We would visit in the winter and one time, we got caught in a huge snow storm in Amarillo. A few other times, we went and visited a sick and then dying aunt in Pampa, TX. That road takes me back to those days.

So,we are now in Albuquerque and have been spending time with family. Today is a special day in that my nephew Tristan is graduating from pre-school.....cap and gown and all!

I will post pictures later cause there are lots of enchanting people and things here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you delete a big news blog?

Pastor Roberta said...

fixed the problem...it should be ther now!