Wednesday, October 03, 2007

"Get Over it"

It has been a year since our initial onslaught of crime: the various burglaries and the destruction of our CRV by gun fire. It may be that it was coming upon the one year mark or a full moon or something, but here recently and very poignantly one day this week I felt the fear and anger and grief all come rushing back. Above is the picture of our demolished CRV, although the picture is not that clear, if you look closely you can see the windshield is totally shattered. Periodically when we were traveling the country I would see a CRV of similar color and year and feel grieved, but since living in Vandalia where there are only 2 CRVs and none that resemble my beloved "Lt. Dan" I rarely feel that. There are times when all of us hear certain words or see something or smell something that makes us recall something that once so dear.

Though I frequently become impatient with myself, chastising myself saying things like "get over it!" and tell myself that things are great here and life couldn't be better, etc..... I sometimes get a whiff of something in the air and cry like it was just yesterday. I grieve the loss of close friends and my beloved Heartlanders, my friends of the Great Plains Conference, the familiarity of Kansas City with all the arts, entertainment, restaurants, and sports, etc. There are so many dear things that I have lost that I will never get over. I will do my best to put them in perspective and trust that the Gentle Shepherd Jesus will lead me, comfort me and challenge me.

4 comments:

Singertenor (Robert Nowlin) said...

If you can remember to remind me, and I'll bring over some Arthur Bryant's BBQ, or take an air sample of the smokey air from the Crave. :)

Joyce Peterson said...

Hugs.

God is good and is our comforter. I too have spells of "what if's" and tears for lost loves.

May God lift you up with His encouragemnt. He never forgets us or leaves us lonely.

Love,

Joyce Peterson said...

Also, remember God does not take us "out of things" He takes us "through" them.

Love

Rev Jilly said...

I love you and miss you