Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Can I be a fan of two MLB teams?


"Have you become a Cardinals fan yet?" my neighbor Mike says to me today. My response is "yeah, I'm working that direction." Then I added, "Must say, though, if you are the type that thinks you cannot like two MLB teams....that you MUST choose a favorite, then I don't know what to tell you. Cause if somehow, the Royals made it to the world series against the Cardinals, then I hate to say that I would have to cheer for the Royals."

What are your thoughts on the matter? Is cheering for MLB teams and loyalty tight? Must it be?! Must I have only ONE favorite?

Scripture says: "No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other,; you will devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money." (Matthew 6:24) So our first and foremost loyalty is to God....and that, in my perspective is clear. But what is not clear is loyalty to just ONE MLB team....Can I love both the Royals and the Cardinals?

(by the way, this photo was taken on my camera phone the first game I went to at Busch Stadium, by the way, they are now calling it "Baseball Heaven!" All I have to say is "O MY!"

1 comment:

Eduardo said...

I believe the etiquette calls for you can be a fan of a maximum of one team per league and a minimum of one team in MLB. You can have favorites to win, only one per division per league. You could also cheer for one underdog per league.

In summary:
1. A minimum of one team, maximum one team per league to be a fan.
2. A maximum of one favorite to win a division, per division, to not exceed six teams.
3. A minimum of one team to be the underdog, to not exceed one team per league.

You could declare your fanhood within any of the categories named above.