Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Is it spring yet?



This picture is from my trip in January. I'm pathetically slow at downloading pictures and that is to blame for my recent bad blogging spell. (I'll tell the other reason in a second.) My friend John now lives next to a lake by Rushville, IL. I spent a couple days with them and one of those days was bitterly cold. The picture was taken in the morning, my hair was wet, and it was frozen by the time we returned from the lake. The natives of Rushville were puzzled that I was so excited to walk on the frozen lake. It is no big deal to them. But to me, a native of New Mexico, never having lived that close to water and that far north was spell bound by the massive piece of ice. The other thing that I never experienced was the noise that comes from frozen lakes. A deep mysterious groan came from the frozen water. Maybe someone could comment if they know the name of this phenomenon?! After spend a few days in Rushville, I went to Florida and spent a few days with my feet in that water!! Amazing.

The other thing that has caused me to be a bad blogger: FACEBOOK! Yes, I thought I never would give in, but I have and absolutely love it. Go fetch me there! Very soon I will have something a little more thoughtful to put here. Like someday when I download that picture of my cheap Wal-Mart theomometer showing that it was 100 degrees. It has been doing that a lot lately. I will also post the first signs of spring as I am enjoying them in my yard....daphodils, tulips, mini irises, and a wonderfully bloomed Jane Magnolia tree.

Is it spring yet?

No comments: